TRAPPED BENEATH THE SEA, PART I - Neely Capshaw – who falsely accused Matt Brody of sexual harassment returns to Baywatch, causing turmoil with C.J. and the other lifeguards, while Stephanie recruits Olympic swimming hopeful Cody Madison as a lifeguard. Later, when an errant mine collides with an offshore oil rig, it collapses and sinks, trapping Cody, Neely, and four others in a watery tomb.
- This season's current cast listed in the order they appear in the opening credits: David Hasselhoff (Mitch), Pamela Lee (C.J.), Yasmine Bleeth (Caroline), David Chokachi (Cody), Jeremy Jackson (Hobie), Gena Lee Nolin (Neely), Jaason Simmons (Logan) and Alexandra Paul (Stephanie).
- The opening credits now reflect Pamela Lee as C.J. as Pamela Anderson had married rocker Tommy Lee and changed her name.
- The 1995-1996 season introduced a new spin-off series to Baywatch titled Baywatch Nights. The spin-off series revolved around lifeguard Mitch, who by day worked at Baywatch as a lifeguard, but by night, moonlighted as a private detective (partnered with former beach cop Garner), thus, the explaining the title of the spin-off series. Baywatch star David Hasselhoff (Mitch) starred simultaneoulsy on both show, while Gregory Alan-Williams (Garner) left Baywatch to star in the spin-off.
- David Chokachi and Gena Lee Nolin join the cast as Cody Madison and Neely Capshaw and are added to the opening credits. Nolin becomes the second actress to play Neely, replacing former guest star Heather Campbell in the role. Campbell previously played Neely in "Wet 'N Wild".
- Kelly Packard who guest stars in this episode as Beth Campfield later became a regular cast member in the eighth season as lifeguard April Giminski.