Logan, bitten by the movie bug, casts Caroline as his lead actress opposite a man-eating shark! Bent on becoming the next Steven Spielberg, Logan turns his back on the water and puts his eye to the lens to make his very own version of “Jaws.” But Hollywood fantasy becomes a grim reality when Logan’s directing debut turns deadly for the Baywatch Lifeguards.
- This is the first season premiere since 1991, when Baywatch went into first-run syndication, that did not open with a two-part episode.
- Former Baywatch regular Jaason Simmons (Logan) returns to guest star in this episode.
- This season's current cast listed in the order they appear in the opening credits: David Hasselhoff (Mitch), Pamela Lee (C.J.), Yasmine Bleeth (Caroline), David Chokachi (Cody), Jeremy Jackson (Hobie), Gena Lee Nolin (Neely), Donna D'Errico (Donna), José Solano (Manny), Traci Bingham (Jordan), Nancy Valen (Samantha) and Michael Newman (Newmie).
- Donna D'Errico (Donna) crosses her character over from the the spin-off series, Baywatch Nights, to become a regular. She appeared concurrently on both series during this season.
- Donna D'Errico (Donna), José Solano (Manny), Traci Bingham (Jordan) and Nancy Valen (Samantha) join the cast beginning with this episode and are added to the opening credits, although only D'Errico is introduced in this episode.
- Recurring guest star Michael Newman (Newmie) becomes an official cast member beginning with this episode and is added to the opening credits.