Heat Wave is the third episode of Season 1. It was originally aired on September 29, 1989.
- Lynda Beatie as Amy Blount
- Bart Braverman as Patrick Murphy
- Jeffrey Byron as Steve Humboldt
- Tom Donaldson as Joe
- Rance Howard as Fireman
- William Ogden Joyce as Dreyfuss
- Will Leskin as Worker #1
- Don Maharry as Worker #2
- Kevin Michaels as Boy
- Michelle Nicholas as Roxanne, the Beach Beauty
- Thomas Ian Nicholas as Ricky Blount
HEAT WAVE - On a hot summer day with record-breaking temperatures, hordes of people migrate to the Los Angeles County beaches. As the lifeguards work their full potential, an ex-lifeguard mysteriously appears bringing a son and quite a bit of trouble.